Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Back in action......

I've been on a  hiatus.  But, I'm back.  We are still cooking up a storm.  And, making sure we stick to our budget.  For those new to the blog, it is $500 a month.  A $100 a week, and $100 once a month at BJ's.

This past week, I made pizza.  I made a simple Daiya pizza with homemade vegan pepperoni. I made a buffalo seitain pizza for the grownups.  It was so good.  Wow!

For my boys, I always make a big batch of mini banana chocolate chip muffins to have as a treat in their lunch.  They are low fat, and tasty.  They love them.

I also made simple baguettes. They were so light and airy.  Really good.

For some reason I wanted burgers this week.  I'm not a fan of beets.  Never have been, yet I will eat them in a burger. These were thrown together, filled with beans, rice, beets, spices, and oats. They turned out really tasty.  I served them with arugula, avocado, and vegan cheese.


I made a big pot of chili this AM.  A friend gifted us with an insta-pot.  It is such a great kitchen tool. I made a ton of chili.  It is really tasty too.  I love making large meals.  Some for the freezer, some to eat this week.



I'm off to take care of a sick boy.  Three out of four have had the bug.  Yuck. Tis' the season.  

peas and love....

No comments:

Post a Comment